Well, a global pandemic. That is what 2020 will be known for, and highly likely part of future history lessons. With the pandemic aside this year had many ups and downs.
As the year had the pandemic cast over it lets not dwell on the downs to much more. For the ups of the year:
- After joining the waiting list for a Concept 2 rower, the week after lock down was announced I finally got the e-mail to place and order then took delivery in August. Since then I've managed to row 384,638 meters
- In the middle of August I joined the UI Engineering team at FreeAgent. A little nervous and scary to be switching jobs during a global pandemic.
- As a family we started Saturday movie nights. Each week we take it in turns to pick a movie that we watch as a family. Having watched some classics and new releases, its been great to experience old and new movies together as a family.
- My son finished up his final year in primary school. This leading to him starting secondary school. While he never got the end of his primary school years as everyone expected. It was nice for him to be able to start secondary school in a little more normal manner.
- My daughter started primary school, again under slightly different circumstances but due to the pandemic it was as good as an experience as could be had based on the circumstances.
- We managed a small weekend family holiday in November to the Highlands in a self suffienct motorhome - 12 years to convince my wife to go "camping". Our family holiday to New York got cancelled (something about a global pandemic)
- Lots of family time that included many walks, bike rides, BBQ's and general family time together.
2021 does not look like its going to be much different to the current situation for a while. With that in mind I am looking forward to more family time and making the most of a bad situation.